WHO WE ARE
The B.A.L.L Solution
Balls activating literacy and leadership Africa is a non for profit and non-political organization registered at the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission CAC/IT/147192 with the aim of advancing literacy and leadership amongst African youth through Sports and education and also developing and building the African Sports value chain in a bid to harness her youths sporting potentials.
Using the power of sports to amplify the importance of education and social development while building Africa’s Sports Eco-system.
Spearhead Youth and social development in Africa using sports and education
What we do
- Help reduce the literacy and basic education deficiency in Nigeria using sports as a bait.
- Motivate athletes to pursue education alongside sports skill development to a reasonable stage before making their choice.
- Help guide youth and aspiring athletes through counselling and mentoring to make suitable career choices when they get the opportunity to become student athletes.
- Expose kids to the sports value chain and equip them with skills relevant for post career success after retirement from professional sports.
- Promote leadership and social education amongst youth.
- Make sports equipment available and accessible for every kid interested in playing sports.
How we do what we do
- Deliberately expose children to the sports value chain using Sports Educators, mentors, and facilitators to pursue careers not limited to being a Pro Athlete to develop a 5-10% human resource base for Africa’s sports Eco-System in 10-15 years.
- Introduce children to organized sporting activities from as early as 4 years of age as against 11 -13 years by working with elementary, secondary schools, and community centers in low-income areas.
- Provide equipment and source modern capacity building training, for kids, tutors, coaches in small communities at almost no cost to them.
- Motivate highly talented sports kids – boys and girls – to stay in school through direct mentoring & welfare support.
- Seek Athletic multilateral partnerships opportunities with schools within and outside Africa for exceptionally talented children.
- Scholarship fund for underprivileged athletically talented kids especially girls to pursue their academic and sports goals.
- Rehabilitate sports facilities in public schools and community centers in underprivileged communities.
- Initiate and coordinate health and hygiene campaigns using sports in girls’ schools.
- Provide aid, source training, and empowerment for hard-working tutors, teachers, and coaches in order to gain exposure to modern teaching and training methods.
- Establish partnerships with international organizations or schools across the globe to provide soft skill training, equipment.